(1) SELLING CONCERT TICKETS
AFK’s Nutrition Program will be funded by a community crowdfunding project – the Home Dinner Xmas Charity Concert 2015 led by The Empty Pockets band. The Empty Pockets is an American rock ‘n’ roll band from Chicago, Illinois. The band is composed of 4 members: Josh Solomon (guitar and lead vocals); Nate Bellon (bass and lead vocals); Danny Rosenthal (drums); and Erika Brett (keyboard and lead vocals).
John Solomon has a very special place in his heart for Vietnam. Many years ago, Josh traveled to Vietnam with his mother, Joan Hallagan. She was in the process of adopting Josh’s 16 year old brother from an orphanage in Ho Chi Minh City. That journey made a deep and long lasting impression upon Josh. Since that initial visit, he returned to Vietnam many times to visit shelters, orphanages, and to help children here. The Empty Pockets Band, created by Josh and his friends will be performing at:
- Saigon Ranger Bar, 5/7 Nguyen Sieu St., Dist. 1, HCMC, 21:00 24th Dec 2015 (250 tickets of VND 200,000 each)
- Van’s Unforgettable Bar, 48 Pham Ngoc Thach St., Dist. 3, HCMC, 21:00 25th Dec 2015 (150 tickets of VND 500,000 each)
- MPU Academy, 294 Dien Bien Phu St., Dist. 3, HCMC, 19:30 26th Dec 2015 (150 tickets of VND 200,000 each)
We would like to ask for you help to sell the tickets. Selling deadline is 20 December 2015.
(2) OTHER VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
9:00 – 11:00: English guide for taking the foreign group shopping for Christmas gifts in Dist. 1
11:00 – 12:00: Wapping Christmas gifts for 2 orphanages at 38 Tu Xuong, Dist. 3, HCMC
24 December: Visiting 2 orphanages and celebrating Christmas with secret Santa presenting Christmas gifts:
- Go Vap Orphanage, 45 Nguyen Van Bao, Go Vap Dist., HCMC, 8:00- 9:00
- Tam Binh Orphanage, 130 Truong Son, Binh Chieu Ward, Thu Duc Dist., HCMC, 10:00- 12:00
Deadline Registration for trip by December 20. Delegation will depart at 7:00 AM at Grand Hotel, 08 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1
Suggested donated items: Legos, educational toys, wooden puzzles, board games (JENGA, monopoly, etc), children’s reading books (for library), balls, sports toys, mini swimming pools, rain coats, bicycles, umbrellas, flash lights, big dolls, baby supplies (bottles, music mobiles over crib, diapers, baby clothes), etc.
Donations that are not portable should be brought to AID FOR KIDS office at 38 Tu Xuong, Dist. 3, HCMC, on 21 & 22 December 2015, from 10:00 – 18:00.
F: +84 168 99 22 599